8/19/2015

Soft Bananas.

Lately, I've been wondering if my family is purposely leaving our bananas in the bowl, as spots emerge, and insides soften, until their function as peanut butter and Nutella vehicles is lost, and they have only one hope left.

Say it with me everybody.... Banana bread.


I used a recipe I found on Pinterest for chocolate chip banana bread.  
It's been getting good reviews from everyone so far, but honestly, have you ever given free chocolate chip banana bread a bad review? No, you haven't.


We had five spotty bananas, which, as it turns out, makes four loaves of bread.  I doubled the recipe that I found on Pinterest.  

(Luckily, the only casualty of today's baking endeavor)

So I may have put in twice as much butter as the recipe called for (yes, even after doubling).  Boy, was this not a mistake (okay it was a mistake, but a lucky one).  I made my bread in loaves, so the extra moistness of the batter/bread from the butter was not an issue, but rather, delicious.  The original baker made her bread in mini bundts, which would have fallen apart with all the extra butter I put in.  Even regular muffins would have been a loose and crumbly mess. Yum.


I also added a cinnamon streusel to the top of the loaves, with no exact recipe. 

Something along the lines of...
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
2 tbsp. flour
2/3 c. packed brown sugar
2 tbsp. of cold, thinly sliced unsalted butter

I put it on before they went in the oven, but next time, I'd put it on half way to two thirds of the way through the baking time.  Trying to perfect the art of streusel... stay tuned.

We'll see how long it takes for four loaves of banana bread to disappear.  

My bets are on not too long...



xo, Genevieve